Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Target - Tiny birds

02 April 2023

Nowadays, Sunday morning routine is changed to refreshing in Jakkur lake. It has become usual to visit the lake early Sunday morning and dabble in avian world. Only confusion is whether to visit front or rear gate. This time I chose front-gate due to blooming flora of spring. Plenty of tiny birds devour nectar from the fresh flowers early morning which is treat for bird photographers. Their nectar devouring alongside the colorful backdrop of fresh flowers creates memorable frames. Jakkur lake has plenty of avid birders who patiently wait for their favorite frame to be snapped.

Lets start with the spring blooms. Here is a three in one bloom along the promenade.



The pink trumpet blossom in Bengaluru which is news all over India for its spring beauty. Entire city seems to engrossed in capturing and flaunting their beauty in social media. Let me flaunt a simpler one



I started my stroll with hope of spotting cinereous tit or white-eye. The purple sunbirds are used to human movements are easy to photograph. The grand flower blooms accentuate the beauty of frames. Here are few of those frames with bird engrossed in pulling juicy nectar. The bird amidst the colorful bouquet makes it captivating to capture for bird photographers. 









As I strolled further, heard voice of cinereous tit. I patiently stayed for a while and it succeeded. I managed to get some good glimpses of bird. The bird was close enough to photograph cleanly but I committed a mistake. I should have used lesser focal length. Since I used 600mm full focal length, some of them turned out blur due to violation minimum focusing distance. Hope I learn such lessons cleanly.




I heard white eyes in thicket but those areas were inaccessible :-(. I was happy to capture cinereous tits considerably clean.

Later I moved to wetland area. Farmers were busy cutting grass for their cattle and hence many avian creatures had moved farther unfortunately. One of those rare frames with zero concrete structures. Hard to photograph nature in Bengaluru without man-made element.



The reflection of apartment over the still water is pleasant to photograph but not worthy of praise.



I missed to capture coppersmith barbet on the way back. It was peacefully perched for longer time but flew away far off as I grabbed camera. Better luck next time :-(

Check out my Bird Series blogs here : NKBirdSeries

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...