Friday, September 11, 2026

Archives from Kalkere Lake - 2024 Deepawali

I have been to Kalkere Lake on numerous occasions. Lot of pictures piled up from long ago and I don't know the reason I captured it for! I am aggregating all of those dumping in this blog. For some of them, I am trying to recall moments. For some, its just muted display of lake. One thing for sure that few pictures have healthy water storage and recent ones look arid. The lack of rains this year is depleting the water at faster pace. Here are pictures captured during 2024 Deepawali timeframe.




Lets start with something beautiful. The colourful sunset was the attractive part. The crepuscular accentuated glory of entire scene. Being dawn of winter, the sun had shifted trajectory eastwards. Had it been around June, this glory would have shifted over the lake bed. The reflection would have created one of the memorable scenes for landscape photographer.










The reflections on still water is worth capturing. The thunderstorm season concluded with a banger. The lakes of Bengaluru also smiling for the same reason. The remnants clouds added charm to overall scene during sundown.






Few beautiful vegetation captured during long walk. We literally walked for 3kms that day.




The blemishing part of any urban lakes. The periphery is invaded by weeds of real estate. The never ending greed of human civilisation. Many builders don't even maintain buffer zones. Officials agree to their plan in return for hefty bribes.



After returning home, we lit diyas to celebrate Deepawali festival. Considering dominating negative events of 2026, I hope the light spreads positivity on entire earth.




9 comments:

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...