Thursday, April 16, 2020

Rainbow but no Rain

The lock-down is helping me to gawk at some of natural phenomenon over sky. Thanks to high humidity, we have pre-monsoon clouds hovering around village. Today also the sky darkened for a while triggering hopes of rain. Unfortunately apart from thunder, there was no excitement. The rains did not appear, not even a drop. This scene felt akin to noise created by Indian press on petty things without fruition. Just to increase TRP.





Jokes apart, it was another disappointment in terms of rain. The heavy clouds again dispelled as they neared our village. After a while, the clouds dissolved and the sky opened up. Probably they dissipated few kms away towards east. A rainbow arouse from the remaining clouds and stayed for 20 mins. How do I know the duration? Because I kept timelapse from start to end. The rainbow is like hope rather being colourful, vivid hope. Hope that rains would appear over the region soon.





Meanwhile, I shot few snaps before keeping mobile for short timelapse. A short coconut twig acted like tripod which enabled steady aligned timelapse despite the heavy breeze. As fallout of the clouds, the humidity further accentuated late in evening. Last time it rained all over region except ours. That is called bad luck or jinx. Hopefully, the rains would cleanse my superstition soon.




Here is yet another timelapse of fading rainbow after disgruntling blog


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful captures, especially the rainbow. I hardly ever get to see or photograph a rainbow. Happy Friday to you. I hope you are staying safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm unable to see the photos for some reason, but I enjoyed the video. I think my internet is slow today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry. Looks like blogger goofed up images in the post. I reuploaded

      Delete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...