Thursday, April 25, 2024

Last days at Hosadu

My in-laws moved closer to my native and thus leaving their property at Hosadu. Hosadu is around 60kms from my place. My father-in-law had constructed the house bit far from native due to work needs. Now that he is retired, they are moving closer to native to ease the travelling ordeal. The new house is ready and now they are closer to my native. Consequently, my visit to Hosadu will be restricted or zero. When I say restricted until in-laws sell current house at Hosadu. I miss those sprawling paddy fields, beautiful Maravanthe beach, meandering backwaters, overall beauty of Kundapura :-(. I miss those scintillating sunrise reflecting off the gentle river. I had great moments here including the pelting monsoon rains. Here are pictures from my last visit just after the harvest. The paddy was just harvested and the hay was rolled and stacked up over harvested field








These beautiful lined up palms and pond beside is surely going to haunt me frequently!


Perhaps this will be my last gaze at verdant monsoon season paddy fields.

We returned to native that day itself. The sky was gearing up for intense thunderstorm. The weather was hot and humid on a winter December. That's how tropics are. There is no winter. The heavy cloud band slowly moved over our head but did not precipitate much. I was disappointed but pictures were beautiful to capture. However, it did rain after 2 days after our departure to Bengaluru. Here are the pictures.







9 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I especially like the palm trees against the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...you shared some gorgeous image of this special place. I hope that you will be able to return again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some attractive country you show us today!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful area. Hopefully you can go back for visits from time to time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow you live in a beautiful area, I've never seen paddy fields.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...