Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Goodbye

After our company took over another big giant, the redundant positions/departments are being beheaded which is not surprising thing in corporate world. One such site was which I collaborated for a project. It has been long time since I received mails from my colleagues overseas. Consequently, I happened to look up their names in outlook and it was confirmed that they were out of company (probably lay-off).

However, one such on verge of leaving the company had a funny quote in his out of office as shown below (enlarge to view). In times of distress, I appreciate his humor. This person also veteran before our company took over. The oldies are no more respected by corporates shamelessly sending them homes. The plague has spread to Indian corporates as well. Chopping off employees is latest trend among the corporates nowadays.


May be he is used to lay-offs? No, as I mentioned before, he is veteran. The professional profile confirms that he is with same company from outset of career.

To confirm further, I checked his linkedin profile. That affirmed his departure from company without any alternate job in hand.

Few weeks later, the email was no more valid and the LDAP was throwing "non-existent user" error.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...