Friday, April 26, 2019

Kent purifier replacement with local brand

After the existing KENT purifier drove me nuts for 3 long years, I finally threw the product out of my house. Yes, the most frustrating product ever I had with literally no service from company. There were many reasons to replace this junk which eventually led to tossing it out of my house. Chucking out this crap was quite easy as it was heavy on my pocket due to its frequent maintenance. The apartment being dependent on borewell water, needs decent purifier to render the water potable. In North Bangalore, the purifier is must. I do not trust bottle cans now. Public water dispenser is yet another choice but frequent visits to fill the water was out of scope. Hence water purifier was mandatory in my case.

The first choice and one of the worst choice I made was to buy KENT. Below are the non exhaustive list of agonies which finally led me to pay homage to this crap.



Poor service:

This is worst part. Whenever I called the person, he never responded on time. Only after pestering him frequently, he used to step inside the house to check. Every time, the bill was minimum Rs.500/-. One day I was so much furious that I asked him to take away the morbid box. He later assured of timely assistance in case of issues.

Unfortunately, he did not even provide the first year free service. Even I was not attentive on this.

Frequent repairs:

Some other way, this guy was falling sick often. I guess in total, I have spent more than price of the equipment for repair.

First water leakage:

Post 3 months of installation, the internal pipelines started leaking affecting the electrical circuitry and sensors. It was only after 3-4 working days, the part was repaired.

Frequent sensor malfunctioning

The sensor is vital part in triggering automatic motor shutdown. Most of the times these sensors were malfunctioning which overwhelmed the buffer container. Fortunately, we noticed this early and manually cut off power lines. The sensors were also not triggering when the water in container dipped below the mark

Recently 5k spent on overhaul but no use

Recently I spent on membrane replacement and full filter replacement. 3 months later, the purifier back to older sick state.

Pathetic motor:

The motor becomes sick often and lose potential to quickly fill up after. Sometimes we had wait for 2 hrs to completely fill the tank.

Expensive parts:

The part costs are inflated being branded company.

Switching to local brand

The aforesaid miseries led me to choose a cheaper local brand which was costing half the price as KENT. My sister had local brand which was functioning smoothly from long time and dispensing potable water better than KENT. The kent costs 16k while the brand I was about install was costing 8.5k. It is named as NOVA. The equipment comes with similar casing as KENT and has RO+UV chambers.

The installer claimed that all parts are branded. The only difference is, the parts are assembled and marketed by local guys. He promised 3 free services and quick on demand repair assistance (Has shared number and reachable over WhatsApp as well). The equipment has 12 litres of tank capacity as compared to 8 litres in KENT



Not everything is good!

No flush outlet at the bottom of tank:

I feel this was must. But I did not notice initially. Mosses develop in tank when not in use. But the installer assured that the tank will be cleaned during every service

No LED power indicator:

This is not a big disadvantage

We need to call him up when the free service is due:

This was quite annoying. But OK for the product price.

So far good but can't comment on goodness at least for an year. The hardness also within the potable range (around 40 ppm). It is difficult to vouch for such category of product within a year. May be I will write down the experience once it reaches 6 months of usage.

Eventually, the KENT was deported without any exchange price. It was an overall loss to me. The dealer said he will use it for display purpose.

NOTE:

My hatred is only towards KENT due to aforementioned problems. I have heard from colleagues and relatives that Aquaguard fares better than KENT in terms of service and maintenance. The service personnel arrives within a day whenever problem arises. Also company calls up whenever the free service is due. However, I cannot affirm the quality of Aquaguard product

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...