Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Bird Series - Oriental White Eye

02 June 2021,

Today morning was surprise from balcony. I heard unheard voice of birds at nearby pomegranate tree. They were full of agility playing (or fighting), doing aerobics and gymnastics. Initially I mistook them for Yellow-Wagtail but these were small in numbers. Soon I realized it as oriental white eye. Same voice I had listened to two days back. Today the bird ID was confirmed and my maiden spotting fulfilled :-). White-eyes are quite good in number here in Bangalore city. I was longing to spot them from long time. Today they visited our backyard but I was lethargic. I could only get one shot of the bird before they pushed off. I could not match their agility. Hope to see them soon. The bird derives its name because of white circle around the eye. That's what my guess is :-)

After Indian Grey hornbill, we have one more surprise visitor at our backyard. Looks like the lockdown has allowed them to freely move around the city. Perhaps it took many days for birds to realize the subdued human movements. We may not see such free movements of birds when lockdown is lifted by authorities. Hope to see more of them. Here is maiden picture.


I was delaying the publication of this post due to dearth of pictures. While walking along Amruthahalli lake, I spotted the bird again and grabbed few shots. Here is the post finally






Check out my Bird Series blogs here : NKBirdSeries

1 comment:

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...