Friday, July 23, 2021

Birding at Amruthahalli Lake [07-July-2021 edition]

Today was fantastic day. I would say ideal day for birding with morning Sun raising with full power. The pictures too came out pretty cool :-). I love the way -1EV on camera sensor helped to grab crisp images due to intense sunlight. The post processing turned out to be quite easy with minimal exposure tweakings.

Lets see whom we got today

The Greater-Coucal flew towards nearby bush and perched for morning Sun. I shoot couple of shots before it hid under the bush.



Later I spotted cinereous tit quite close. But Alas! The bird flew away instantly once it spotted my presence.

The Lapwings were quiet today patiently but vigilantly absorbing morning sun



The thicket due west was as usual abuzz with birds. The oriental magpie robin finally could come out for a while for basking & preening. Not sure the reason for bickering between robin and mynas. Today also I saw mynas chasing magpie robin.





The parakeets were basking too!





The spotted dove was isolated basking away from crowd. Social distancing or outcast?


The purmple rumped sunbird was in playful mood even today.



The scaly-breasted Munias showed their presence today before being chased away by Mynas again :-(. I had better shots thanks to mellowing sunlight





The black-drongo apparently was calm today.



Mynas dominate the thicket in large groups. They tend to chase birds who don't submit to their rules. Except during preening, they are quite watchful throughout the area


Just before when I decided to walk away, I heard voice of white-eyes. They soon arrived and perched on the bland tree. The pictures were crisp this time. Perhaps they were collecting twigs for its new home






Moving forward, Brahminy kite was basking calmly at its usual position


The Spot billed duck pairs were steady, drying their wings to get ready for the day. Their zero-movement helped me to snap some good shots today.





Concluding the walk, the bickering between swamphens caught my eyes. I captured few of them before concluding the stroll.





And couple of landscapes towards the end



Check out my Bird Series blogs here : NKBirdSeries

6 comments:

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...