Sunday, July 4, 2021

Bird Series - Scaly Breasted Munia

I have seen them on numerous occasions at my village especially over harvested paddy field. Never had luck to grab in my camera till date due to their small size and lesser reach my lens has. They used to shy away as soon as I approached them. It was not possible to stealthily approach since the area was open. Finally after a long wait, I managed to capture them decently at Amruthahalli lake on an overcast day. Even though the camera had to bump ISO to 800, the final pictures turned relatively sharped than expected. These tiny birds were in playful mode early morning moving rapidly between trees. I captured while they were resting for a while. There were around 6-7 to capture which means these birds are social creatures. These birds seem to be well-adapted to urban environments as well. Their scaly pattern under belly gives them adjective "scaly-breasted". I have seen them mostly over the fields means they forage on grains or perhaps insects? Not sure. Here are the pictures from overcast day. Hopefully I will be able to capture them in detail on bright sunny day too!







Looks their privacy was severely affected. One guy promised to have a watch on me.

I feel threatened and ashamed by that guy watching our activity.



You guys continue. I will have watch on him offered the other bird


He seems to be same idiot capturing in camera. Shameless fellow. Never mind, he is harmless. You guys continue your activity and I will clean myself.



Check out my Bird Series blogs here : NKBirdSeries

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...