Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Bronzed Drongo - When you ignore backyard repeatedly

16 October 2021

Sometimes we overlook nice things in backyard. I do it on most occasion. That happened even today. I went for hot midday stroll hoping for spotting new birds. It was not a disappointing one. I heard flame throated bulbul but could not frame it again. Problem is they choose high canopy when I carry camera but when I am empty handed, they are like ready to sit near me. Anyways hope to get them soon.

On the way back, I spotted this shiny bird. They were not black drongo for sure. Soon I realized that it was bronzed drongo. Their shining plumage was testimony to their name. The metallic shine is enchanting. I double confirmed the ID from internet by their sheen on body and lightly forked tail. There were many beneath dense canopy. These were birds I was ignoring for black drongo. That was not case ultimately. They were bronzed drongo having dwelling in thick forests. I could not get better picture due to poor light on bird. They are plenty in numbers near house. Hope to grab them in sunshine. This bird alleviated the fatigue after hot & humid midday walk.






Check out my Bird Series blogs here : NKBirdSeries

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...