Tuesday, October 26, 2021

More exciting birds but poor camera Auto ISO metering

I was chatting with my cousin nearby house and this yellow footed green pigeon appeared on top of canopy. The distance was fine since the morning light was great. I captured umpteen pictures of bird since its been long time no see. Here are few of them. There are many birds who don't show any action by flying or calling. They are silent dwellers. This pigeon is one among them who was silently foraging on berry tree and relishing breakfast.












The Rufous babblers surprisingly came out open for a while before escaping to undergrowth. The light was ample to catch clear glimpse of the bird. The bird was close and light was great. The final image though was not appealing as expected as narrated at last section.










The common myna was screaming nearby trying to grab some attention. It stayed till my photo session concluded. I grabbed a picture for its satisfaction.


The poor auto ISO story

Today my luck shined but camera spoiled all the show. The feature that spoiled the show was Auto ISO option in my 10yr old DSLR. I was extremely disappointed today with camera's auto ISO functionality. Despite broad daylight, the camera chose ISO 800. I changed manually to ISO 400 and shutter speed was still around 1/1600s. Perhaps, this is the condition where auto ISO needs to be turned off. Otherwise, the photos turn grainier even with good natural light.

Check out my Bird Series blogs here : NKBirdSeries

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...