Monday, October 18, 2021

The Ashy woodswallow

Continuing my cycle ride along the neighbouring village from previous post (read here), I spotted this ashy coloured bird perched over the electric line. I had no idea on their ID which I learned later as ashy wood-swallow. Looks like these are habituated to humans and perched steady even when I was considerably near to them. The birds unlike other swallows are quite large in body size. Here are pictures for you









The paddy is mature and ready to harvest. The rains are threatening farming community of possible crop damage. Hope the rains don't pound to a volume of obliterating crops.



On the way back from cycling, I snapped few landscape pictures to conclude. The flaming clouds were exciting to watch but did not drop any rains.






 Check out my Bird Series blogs here : NKBirdSeries

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...