Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Some unconventional birding

October 24, 2021

We had to visit the local temple since it was auspicious day. Unconventionally, I had carried camera as well. This bulky gear was difficult to handle inside temple. Hence I decided to carry with me after the religious ceremony concluded. I knew there were birds adjacent to the seasonal stream nearby temple. Majorly cormorants with pinch of hope to spot kingfishers. Yes, there are many cormorants and fortunately Indian cormorants. Wow! I love their striking bluish-green eye! What a beauty it is to behold. I have been looking for Indian cormorant especially to enjoy its eyes :-). The perfect sunlight illuminating the bird accentuated the glow of eye. Here are couple of pictures for you! The birds flew away fast once they noticed me :-(



Later we had yet another ceremony at a different temple. After sumptuous meal, on the way back, we stopped nearby shop for buying vegetables at kaup town. I had yearning for snapping those sparrows from long time. Today, I snapped few of them. The sparrows are not difficult to picture, only aspect needed is time. They are quite a lot in numbers in Kaup town and not shy as well. Here are few. Someday, I will photograph them abundantly before pushing to Bangalore







Check out my Bird Series blogs here : NKBirdSeries

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...