Wednesday, October 20, 2021

The literally hanging Vernal Hanging parrot

11 October 2021

You think of something else and all of sudden unexpected happens soon! Sometimes, it will be most sweetest moments of life which happened to me today. That was co-incidental or luck, you decide. But good things happen when you don't expect anything.

Today I had to drop my sister to Kaup town and it was 7:30AM while I returned. Hence I cancelled my jogging routine and decided to go for birding nearby house. I was tracking the moves of vernal hanging parrot closely and stopped at house gate. Aha! See what I got immediately after stepping out of house!







The parrot perched on coconut tree in front of me and started relishing flowers. I caught few glimpses which turned out quite good but not great since I was not shooting towards direction of Sun.

Later I caught up with cousin in backyard and while doing conversation yet another male was munching coconut tree flowers at nearby tree. Wow! that was too close and the pictures this time were yummy! I was elated with the capture and patience finally paid out. The bird was constantly watching my moves but did not fly. I later moved on after having considerable frames in my flash drive.

















This incident taught me to be patient, lower expectations and wait for time. At same time, it does not mean drop efforts but keep persisting. There will be time of joy for sure. Hope you enjoyed the colourful bird endemic to India. There are plenty here to refresh soul. I will in future grab some more for memory and joy!

Meanwhile this drongo was silent even when I clicked shutter. However, lack of light produced average image. Here is picture for record


 Check out my Bird Series blogs here : NKBirdSeries

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...