Sunday, July 19, 2020

Prelims of Monsoon

23rd May 2020

Fag end of May, it's common sight to witness huge stream of clouds visiting evening skies. Thanks to strong onshore winds, the clouds are seamlessly moving from Arabian sea to landmass.  The amphan cyclone faded away just in a day but with a huge tale of destruction. The prolonged stay of cyclone would have further aggravated the advancement of monsoon. Now that fear is wiped out and MET department has released good news of no more cyclonic activity predicted neither over Bay of Bengal nor Arabian Sea. This further fosters smooth advancement of monsoon activity.



The lockdowns are relaxed, the businesses are blooming again. Consequently, I too decided to travel back to Bangalore tomorrow. There are many circumstances which made me to take decision and rather tough one. The monsoon would soon make its landfall in our region assumed to result in decline of Internet speed quality dampening WFH activity. Hence I inevitably chose to travel to Bangalore. On my penultimate day of stay, I captured the heavy band of clouds flying from west towards mainland. The humidity is still high which is excellent news. The intense cloud activity and high humidity sets perfect environment for onset of monsoon. I thought it would rain at night but it did not. Hopes are soaring. We will have good monsoon season this year as per MET department but not even. Let's hope for best and pray god for prosperity.




I don't know when can I revisit my village due to ongoing pandemic. As of now, with heavy heart, I am bidding adieu to the beautiful nature. I had longing to stay for a month to enjoy those pearls of heaven. But I can't. Sometimes you need to accept the reality and move ON.

7 comments:

  1. ...it's wonderful to see the palms silhouetted against the sky, something that I enjoyed in Maui. A place that I can't visit now. Your header image is gorgeous. Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful skies that you have there. After weeks here of beautiful blue skies, with no clouds, we are having cloud displays every day.
    Take care and be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    The monsoon skies are lovely, so dramatic at times. It has been hot and dry here. The virus numbers are going up again. Take care and stay safe! Enjoy your day, have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...