Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Late Night Chatters

19 Dec 2014,

It was 9PM when the city bus dropped me at St.John's circle. I had ample time to reach Majestic. It seemed as if flood gates were opened creating surge of motors with beaming head-lamp storming ahead towards respective culmination. Even around 9:15PM, the BMTC buses destined to Majestic were over-crowded with passengers, leaving me in disgusting state. I had to drag for some more time. Eventually at 9:30PM, an unauthorized private bus arrived (may be company bound) with cleaner yelling "Majestic... Majestic" at the crowd. I boarded the bus in hustle and grabbed a seat. The bus was jam packed. With all seats filled up (70 to 80), the crew would be making merry out of the collection while on contrary swallowing revenue of BMTC buses. They were charging Rs.25/- per head. This is everyday story though. The crew would have cashed up enough money to cater their bar bill (No prejudice, just an assumption!). 30 minutes passed, here I am in Majestic. Despite the staggering flow of wagons, the bus managed to reach quite early mainly due to ceaseless service till Majestic.

Old adage states "Idle mind is devil's workshop". For me, it becomes devils' metaphor at night, right in between doze while riding on bus. Especially traveling on BMTC spurs enormous mental chatters along with frustrating metaphors. Being gateway to Bengaluru, the aura of Majestic is ideal place to draw metaphors which combines both legacy and modern faces of brooding city life. The virtual aisles created by parked buses are loathing maze. You never know which way to proceed and when they open doors of hell. As Oliver Emberton here describes life as maze rather than marathon, I tweak slightly as to be dynamic maze. You neither know when it manifests in life nor its volume. Ignorance of such maze will cause disastrous leaks leading to surprise crash at latter point. Unless you free them when its incarnation terminates or you are lucky enough to revisit them for correction, it creates permanent mole in your life.

Back to present after brief boredom, hope you are not stuck in Majestic! Everytime, I set out on journey, I forget two things, namely scribbling pad and spectacle case. Spectacle case is essential for protection while I roll on sleeper bus. The scribbling pad is required to jot down the aforementioned devil's metaphor(s). This time too some of the metaphors were lost due to lack of scribbling pad. Consequently people like me end up hunting for stationary in a condiment stall at bus stand. Nevertheless, I remembered most of them after journey with a loss factor of 25%.

My bus was parked at the designated platform and it was brand new sleeper bus, cleanly maintained with courteous crew. I had booked lower berth to minimize the wobbling during journey. The amount of wobbling is directly proportional to the irregularity of bitumen surface and the elevation of sleep position from the ground (considering ideal suspension and perfect center of gravity design). This is what I call law of wobbling phenomenon. After the ticket check, I lied down on reserved bed and instantly fell asleep. As I set out on mission to land of stars, something intrusive happened. "Sir ladies idaare swalpa melgade berth adjust maadtira" (We have few ladies, could you please shift to upper birth). At the outset, it was annoying and at times I felt, reservation had no meaning. I explained them the law of wobbling but a reply arrived swiftly "Sir Ladies". I usually do not confront in such situations hoping someone would reciprocate the same to my parents (even though my parents never seek!).

We are now migrated to upper berth and honored to have elevated sleep which is not fun at all. Despite the perfect center of gravity design of bus, the conditions of road requires certain dynamic corrections to balance out the tremors. This is impossible to achieve in body design and imperatively offloaded to humans to balance. This also means eluded sleep for this night. Rather than sleep, its state of hibernation which means we wake up to similar state as previous night rather than refreshed one! With this setup, stars will be revolving around me.

That's end of short praeludium to my journey to Shimoga. I am not sure as how many more ramblings would crack as I continue my journey. As of now that's it for this post. Now its time to teeter till morning. Hope I will have minimal sleep atleast (again minimal is relative!)

Minutes later, the bus propelled towards the destination and myself to dreamland.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...