Thursday, February 15, 2018

An unfortunate setting and a fortunate outcome!

19th Jan 2018,

From fortunate in previous post to unfortunate in this write-up :D. Today, I took the same detour even this Friday but was planned. The roads in the shorter route has turned pathetic and dusty. Also white-topping work would begin in front of tech park next week which claims the longevity of 35 years. The main route is immobilized by traffic heck, dust ridden, carbon spewing antique/unserviced wagons and predominantly dilapidated roads. As a pre-emptive action, it was inevitable to take detour. Barring a tiny stretch, it's smooth ride along the detour and provides a pinch of rural picture.

Even this time, there was great sunset. The sun was blazing with clear and crisp circular yellow-red glow. Absence of haze added more charm to the landscape. As expected my excitement peaked and I hustled towards the lake after parking bike in lake gate :D. I only had mobile phone this time and snapped few sunset views from phone camera. It was bit annoying to watch the pictures since the boundary of Sun was blemished by flares. This is when you remember mighty DSLRs which can surpass mobile camera quality. Anyways, there was no scope to moan further since mobile was the only option.



Frustration escalated  as I reached home and glanced at the pictures. My HDR settings were off :-(. Oh that poor photographer. Despite my past experiences of not peeking once at settings before shooting the landscapes, I don't learn :(. The  infamous event repeated this time too. "I mean the Sun was quick to melt down and I had no choice than to hurry" spouted the inner voice. No more excuses please! It's time to internalize your thoughts. The time is gone and patience is lost. On many occasions, overwhelming excitement leads to sheer ignorance. This is not the first time it happened to me.



Despite the fact that I turned off in camera HDR, the silhouettes turned out magnificent. The orange-yellow glow shimmering the lake with dark cityscape framed endearing picture. After fiddling with WB, the real mood of the scene accentuated. It opened up alternative ways to photograph landscape. So, stop beating yourself with words and start learning :-). The final product dwarfed the unfortunate ramblings scribbled before!


Having read inconsequential moaning, hope you enjoy pictures as well :)

5 comments:

  1. These turned out great. Beautiful captures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I agree, great pics. I am the world's worst about getting excited and not having the camera set right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, I like the middle image the best. While it has less detail in the foreground and buildings in the background, I find the sky and water much more interesting compared to the last image. I think you can get both with the proper editing [such as in Lightroom].

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet you were ecstatic to realize that your phone camera did a superb job in capturing the magnificent sunset! I like the middle photo the best.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...