Saturday, March 3, 2018

Passport renewal - Follow ups

I did not want to bloat the older post. This post is intended to track post submission of passport renewal application.

As mentioned in previous post, I was granted passport renewal without any police verification. What does it mean? For me it means to honor the the trust and maintain the dignity of nation wherever I travel.

Following are the SMSes received post submission of passport renew application

14th Feb

Passport renewal granted with no Police Verification.
Passport application is being submitted for print.

15th Feb

Passport printed is completed and a message will be sent once passport is dispatched via speed post.

16th Feb

Hurray! Passport has been dispatched via Speed Post consignment No.XXXXX :-).  Not yet updated in India post website :-(. "Consignment details not found" is the error.

17th Feb

Today I was able to track the consignment in India Post site during early morning. The latest update was the consignment reached Yelahanka facility. The server gets loaded in normal hours and its only by luck you can track at that time of day. After tremendous cycles of retyping captcha, the status was shown. I am hopeful of receiving the new passport at the earliest.

It's time to cheer!! Today at 2PM, I have my renewed passport at doorstep :-).  I was delighted that process concluded in mere 3 days! Thanks a lot for authorities for such quick action.

ITS TIME TO FLY :-)

Unfortunately delivery notifications from both Passport office and Post office hit the SMS inbox only on 19th Feb :-(. This is primarily because of India Post fault. The notification from Post office arrived late and perhaps, passport office delay ensued :-).

Overall, I was exhilarated by the hassle free renewal process!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...