Thursday, November 19, 2020

Monsoon Diary 2020 - The landing day

I returned to Bangalore in May but never returned to native further. That literally annoyed me since I could not enjoy the monsoon shows due to pandemic. On 16th September 2020, I had to embark on emergency visit to my village. Although it was not joyous journey, the monsoon charm after landing in coastal Karnataka slowly rejuvenated my soul and pulled out my photo gears. I made full use of mobile camera, DSLR camera and especially 70-300 tele lens. There was ample time to grab our flora and fauna. It rained tremendously too flooding throughout Udupi district.

I have documented those moments in series named "Monsoon diaries 2020". I hope to document every monsoon season in similar way if my luck obeys. Enjoy this multipart series. The blog series primarily be flooded with pictures and tiny texts. Hope this model still maintains balance with readers :-). Lets begin.

The most in-demand ayurvedic medicine is virgin turmeric. My in-laws have planted many of them. They prepare virgin turmeric powder which is deemed to be excellent source of killing virus.





The paddy fields with monsoon clouds. The monsoon is not yet lost momentum. We still have 2 months to cut the paddy so rains are necessary still.




The in-laws cultivated extensively the domestic ladies finger. It costs Rs.80-100 per kg in market. Considering the price, this farming is quite profitable.


The output is used only for daily consumption. It saves our pocket and simultaneously if health permits, provides healthy pass time during retirement life!




When skies open up, the wet weather on human body is back. Either human body is wet due to sweat or earth is wet due to monsoon rains. The weather is extremely contrast to the below cooler picture



After brief enjoyment, I had to hurry to Udupi. The town was extremely humid than village. Some interesting rains were on cards. It rains like cloudburst when humidity surpasses unbearable volume.


To be continued..

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful sky shots and so much lovely greenery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...you live in a beautiful part of the world and your images show it well. I don't know much about turmeric, but I see adds for it on the internet. Enjoy your lust and green landscape and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the greens are so vibrant. Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...