Saturday, November 28, 2020

The good old days = Golden days

The pandemic was almost control in Bangalore city, until the lock-downs were relaxed. Now the situation looks grim with nearly 2k infections reporting everyday. The number is exponentially increasing. The pandemic is not allowing us to freely travel around us even if it is nearby. Hopefully, life will get on track. These are some musings from my old travel book which I feel now are the good old days of freedom wandering which I feel are synonymous to golden days relative to current situation. I feel everyone has such golden stories to narrate in this time of confinement. Lets pray the God to have a solution to soon to jailbreak from the pandemic horror.

Those shiny ad-hoc sunsets on the way back home from office. Even small things were a rejoice. Now the Work From Home style is making such simple sunsets elusive.



The Rachenahalli sunset is something best I have witnessed in Bangalore till date. Despite being just 2kms from house, the pandemic is not allowing us to visit this natural location amidst the concrete jungle.



The weekly visit to Shiva temple. I miss the lord every Saturday. Lets pray Lord Shiva to heal the pandemic soon and guide people to prosperity.


Not to miss the mighty Shiva Linga at Kotilinga. A place filled with energy of Shiva and divinity. Let's pray the ever meditating lord to erase fear of pandemic and restore peace in humanity.


The visit to Lepakshi is frequently being remembered. The gathering for photo-shoot is now a distant dream. We yearn for such free flowing crowd yet again to regain without fear.

The flamboyant Kudremukh ghats from the National Highway looks majestic during monsoon. The path during monsoon is crowded with plush vegetation and clouds than the motors or people. This year's monsoon also looks locked down. The rains are not impressive yet. Probably they are too feeling the heat of corona or they too cursing the greed of human civilization? The corona mayhem for sure has dwarfed the bleak monsoon rains till now.


I am too indifferent to outside situation. My only visit for photography is apartment terrace. It has been nearly 6 months since I traveled and photographed wholeheartedly. Every where there is fear of getting infecting. The current situation mandates us to stay at home and stay patient for situation to improve. At the same time, ruminating at the bygone era, I always felt to grab opportunity whenever it comes. Otherwise the global disaster will trap you in repent which may last long.

Hopefully, a time will dawn again to drive for this amount of distance or even more. The longest I had in my lifetime. I miss them too.


These are some memories from Banavasi and Ottinene sunset points. What a timeless drive it was! I enjoyed the nature and divine destinations like never before



Despite the lamenting thoughts, there is something hidden message embedded by god. We have learnt enormous lessons during pandemic to be humble, to be simple and to be frugal. Reduce our expectations and live within means. I have been reminiscing the travel days where we had umpteen joy with family while exploring new places. While locked inside a room, repeatedly striking the home office, I started pondering on the contemporary situation which seems to be beyond control of human race.

To conclude, these are the species not affected by pandemic and probably the most happiest after persistent pestering of humans on them. The picture of these guys retiring for the day was caught during our casual visit to apartment terrace.


Let us also respect the living existence of such species on earth and understand that they too have right to survive here.

6 comments:

  1. Things are grim here too, but your photos brightened my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos. And yes, we all need to pray to whoever we pray to, to help with this pandemic. I am so looking forward to the vaccines so we can get back to whatever normal is. I also believe that there are lessons to be learned in this pandemic. Hopefully we don't forget them.
    Great post, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunsets (and sunrises) are such beautiful, peaceful views that always give me hope and remind me of the goodness in this world. Beautiful captures! :)

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...