Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Steal the Opportunity - Rosy Starling

21st March 2023,

The mynas overwhelm the Amruthahalli lake's avian population. Generally they outnumber other creatures and omnipresent in city. I ignore them including their flock whenever walking around the lake. This applies to both Jungle and Common mynas. Their noisy flock is common to every person in the city!

Couple of days back, while I missed capturing the common sandpiper, in a trice my eyes went over the bland tree, perhaps due to disappointment. You feel low when you nearly miss a bird. On those occasions, these common birds cheer you up. That's what exactly happened to me on that day. While scanning through the flock of mynas cleaning/drying their body after bath in puddle, whoa! I was surprised to see Rosy Starling amongst the flock. Perhaps there were 10 overall including the ones over the lake bed. That's why you should never ignore even the common birds! Who knows what surprise is in store amidst them!




I have seen Rosy Starling few years back. They must be residing nearby lake which I would have ignored or never noticed. Once I again, I did not possess camera which I fulfilled by carrying and photographing today! These birds perch on bland tree during evening bath. The bird has pale rosy belly and white upper parts. I saw juveniles of Rosy Starling as well which means they reside and breed in lake.





I heard oriental magpie robin chirps while in middle of lake. Picture of couple here.


Meanwhile the Asian Brown Flycatcher is still hanging around same tree as I spotted on last occasion. Couple of pictures. Even though the bird is inviting, the poor light makes it difficult to capture it cleanly. The poor light is primarily due to the concrete pinnacles blocking the sunlight.



Grab the opportunity as it comes!

Birds are the best examples to steal the opportunity as it comes. The possibility of second chance is rare. The Asian brown flycacther, the common hawk cuckoo as well Rosy starling are no more seen recently. Not sure if they were just passerby or they felt the lake unfit for survival due to lack of water in summer? From my side, I captured them without being lazy or over-confident. Hope more avian creatures thrive in Amruthahalli lake once it rejuvenates. Perhaps this is my last sighting of Common Hawk Cuckoo couple of weeks back


Colourful sunset to conclude



Check out my Bird Series blogs here : NKBirdSeries

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...