Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Our Distant World - The Orion belt

Orion belt visible in sky only during winter or spring. Anyhow monsoon season, we can only trace cloud belt ;-). During my recent star trail experiments in night sky, I captured orion belt  both in kit lens and 50mm f/1.8 lens. The former has maximum aperture of f/3.5  and hence not appealing as one shot in 50mm f/1.8. Nevertheless, the belt is easily  recognizable though! When glanced around internet world, it was mentioned that we could spot the belt in  southwest sky. However, I spotted along southeast sky and later on it moved to southwest direction.  I do have number of star trail timelapse of night sky. I am not sharing it as of now ;-).  Hope you enjoy the pictures of orion belt and let me know your comments on same. Next step is to spot the north pole star (Polaris)   to capture the stars circling around it.  Also need to find a location to capture milky way too!




Distant Orion belt with kit lens at 18mm

Closeup orion belt with 50mm f/1.8
Enjoy beautiful music by Simon O Shine "Your Distant World" on this occassion. What a masterpiece and perfect blending of  synthesizers and orchestral music. One of my favorites too :-). I am really lucky that I can comprehend such music despite mockery  by few people ;-). This music was quite popular during the days of its release. Transport yourself to exotic world with beautiful HDR timelapse photography!

Simon O Shine - Your Distant World: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m0IOw9L2ZQ

Simon O Shine - Your Distant World (Orchestral Mix): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PINjBybf9VA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...