Monday, March 18, 2019

Sunset - Beautiful life

I like this title a lot. This title was inspired from uplifting trance music "Sunset - Beautiful Life". Even though "Sunset" is tag associated with the producer, I often term it holistically. The following pictures are shot at Someshwara Beach near Kundapura. In my short visit to the beach where Souparnika river meets the Arabian sea, I cherished those dazzling moments of sunset while enjoying spring breeze. As my conclusion neared, these guys caught my attention playing heterogenous games with a football (may be), diving on sea catching the ball. While I don't enjoy dabbling in sea water (I am scared to be honest), I love to shoot these moments. Yes the life seems beautiful playing under the tropical sun with gentle sea tides caressing the body. Moreover, both the elements of nature are too good for health (sea water and evening sunlight). For a moment, even I yearned for playing along with those youngsters but restricted shooting playful scenes against the golden sun backdrop.







Honestly, penta pictures above are unedited. Such was the natural vibe at Someshwara beach. The nature blessed us with powerful beauty requiring no edits! Even our life becomes calm if we do not edit it and sail in the way it ushers.

There are many reasons why landscape photographers love isolation and shy away from crowd. For instance, when I was at Someshwara beach, a group of youngsters requested me to capture their group picture with my DSLR. Each individual in the group had glossy smartphones. They could have picked any onlooker to snap their memories. The bulky DSLR seemed to have attracted them. When inquired about mode of sharing the captured pictures, they had no answers. I smiled and moved away and they also understood. Later on, using their smartphones, the selfie photoshoot was in full flow. Never saw them snapping a group photo.

I do not assume that their intention was to scoff at my hanging DSLR but there are many incidents where derision rules. It fizzles out for a moment but I converge slowly. The nature restores the enthusiasm with enchanting views. They are many instances when people gawk at the landscape  photoshoot and sometime obstruct our activity despite keeping distance. When the lens hangs down from the strap wrapped around neck, DSLR critter is cynosure of beach visitors. The inquisitiveness is two fold when accompanied with tripod and other ancillaries. The only action we can take is to move away from crowd. Sometimes it is not possible to part away from crowd due to alluring perceptions for ex. near lighthouse of kaup beach. The solution is to wait for the right moment and be patient. It is worth to refrain from bickering which otherwise, would dissolve our enthusiasm. There is no shyness, fear or anxiety. We just want zero distractions. The purity of nature can only be absorbed with silence. And that is what landscape shooters also crave for.

Beauty lies in eyes of beholder is an old adage. Landscape shooters do not need exotic locations to fuel their passion. Even the below picture was snapped out of simple element backed by ardent sunset. The life with such tiny elements of moments can be made beautiful without needing for illusive grandeur. The playful boys were just an example.

Wish, even your life blossomed beholding the photographic joy




Winding up, here is my 6 year old favorite "Sunset - Beautiful Life". I love the Vol-Deeman remix most followed by original mix and finally Innes Erthser remix




5 comments:

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...