Friday, November 23, 2018

Cumulonimbus clouds over Chikka-Madhure

03 Nov 2018,

I was off to Chikka-Madhure for a revisit. On the auspicious day of Saturday, I sought blessings of Lord Shani and Lord Hanuman. It has been long time since the visit and this Saturday time was ripe to move the wheel. At around 12:30 PM, I started my journey and rode towards Chikka-Madhure. Barring the traffic hurdle at Yelahanka, it was smooth ride till Chikka-Madhure.

The North East monsoon has commenced in mainland of TamilNadu and the consequently, the clouds are showing up again over the skies of Bangalore and its vicinity. It rained briefly too at Rajanukunte. The weather is turning capricious every week with burning heat during mid-day and chilly weather at night. That was how I felt today as well. It was hot during my departure and chilly on return.

As I rode past Rajanakunte, the memories mirrored. I ruminated my summer ride along this beautiful bucolic stretch and it was equally beautiful even now. However, the water bodies have considerably dried owing to the lack of monsoon vigor as compared to previous year. I could see the ground in Chikka Madhure lake which substantiates the paucity of rains. Despite the weaker monsoon, there was no dearth of greenery throughout the stretch.

After having darshan of Lord Saturn, I had sumptuous meal comprising of Sooji payasam, puliyogare, rice-sambar and buttermilk. The temple authorities serve free meals to devotees from 9AM to 4PM everyday. I guess the variety is because of Saturday. Not sure, if same pattern of items repeated on other days. Nevertheless, the ravenous rider was beaming after scrumptious meal. The log gap from 9:30AM to 3:00PM had crossed the tummy threshold and the meals were blessings. The lunch home incorporates buffet system and the individuals have to clean the plate on their own. That was not problem for me anyways.


Post the exit from lunch home, the wide cumulonimbus clouds caught my attention. For a while, I thought it would precipitate into brief thunderstorm. That did not happen though, rather the clouds broke apart. Before the clouds disintegrated, I took few snaps to quench my photography thirst.

Cumulonimbus clouds which triggered hope of rain
Close-up of the clouds



Nearly after a break of 90 mins, I began return journey towards home. I captured few rainbow shots nearby hanuman temple. The rainbow was faint but noticeable to camera as well.

That faint rainbow


Looks as if aeroplane is piercing the rainbow

Hanuman temple
How can I forget those delectable Laddus :-). Last time I bought only one Laddu but this time I bought two of them. That aroma & taste is existent even now. Not to mention, the price has not changed either.



I reached home comfortably at 6:30PM. I had a sachet of instant coffee which was given by a shopkeeper in exchange for Rs.2/- change. This is dirty business tactic prevalent all over Bangalore. The reason is can't provide change for all and businesses are not ready to accept cards to evade taxes. Anyways, I brewed coffee to kill the chill for a while.

Instant coffee, not as delicious as filter coffee.
On closing note, my obeisance to Lord Shani and Lord Hanuman. Lord Shani is believed to be the karmadhipati in Hindu mythology. Let his harsh teachings lead us to path of wisdom.

I was disappointed to see the slacking pace of renovation. Not sure, if it was due to lack of fund. It apparently seemed to be paused since my last visit.

Chikka madhure temple hopefully sees complete makeover soon!

Jai Hanuman

4 comments:

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...