Thursday, September 12, 2013

Twilight HDR of Kaup Beach Light House

I barely had any time during Ganesh Chaturthi visit to my native place. During the festival day, I hardly found any time in midst of savoring grand food at home :D. Eventually, during evening, I payed a brief visit to Kaup beach. Not the best of season to visit since majority of time sky is covered with clouds. Nevertheless, the beach looks so enthusiastic and fearful during monsoon season. This time, the shore lines intruded shops even ;-). There is lot to learn from those waves which strike the shore with tremendous energy.

So here is 5 exposure HDR, of Kaup beach light house during twilight time. I am happy with image except that 7 exposures would have spiced up the picture still more ;-). Regarding sharpness, that is max I can get from kit lens. I did not apply any post processing for sharpness. This time, I performed some selective color correction around rocks and light house area. Lastly, I learned to use scissors tool in GIMP ;-).

MY LOVELY HOMETOWN BEACH!
Settings:

Camera: Canon EOS 550D
Lens: 18-55mm kit lens
Focal Length: 55mm
Focus: Manual
Aperture: f/8
ISO: 200
Picture Style: Neutral
White Balance: Cloudy
Metering: Center weighted average
No of images: 5
Exposures: -2.-1,0,+1,+2 (8s for middle one)
ML Firmware: v2.3
Softwares: Luminance HDR (Fatal operator), GIMP

I have few timelapse too from Kaup beach as well as my hometown. Will club most of them into single video after accumulating sufficient amount. As of now, that day seems to be bit far!

After reaching Bangalore, I was excited to see 20k view count on my blogger site :-). The blog which was started just as time-pass has seen enormous amount visitors [20k is not small number ;-)]. This blog will still remain as time-pass yard for me and no plans for serious writing ;-). I just want to share some thoughts for getting valuable feedback especially in photography area. One more thing I am happy about is most of the views are from google search [So google has promoted by blogs in its search index :-)]. I also have some old blogs which is not yet uploaded to blogger. Stay tuned for many more travel write-up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...