Wednesday, August 21, 2013

HDR from terrace :-)

While riding back from office, there was beautiful sunset at the horizon. The colors were so majestic and sun rays piercing through clouds were delightful to watch. I was pretty much desperate to reach home :-). By the time I reached home, the SUN had already sunk from horizon :-(. Nevertheless, the twilight colors were so beautiful :-). I wanted to grab some snaps. I did some experiments with white balance and depth of field. Consequently either buildings or sky were exposed in images. So time to grab HDR shots :D. During twilight it would be great if you have higher dynamic range and hence I configured Magic Lantern to grab 5 shots ranging from -2 to +2. I kept camera on wall of terrace to arrive at aligned shots. Luminance HDR did good job again. I increased alpha value a bit and decreased beta value. Some post corrections in GIMP gave me this final image. Hope you will enjoy the image. Comments and critiques are always welcome.

HDR from terrace ;-)
Settings:

Camera: Canon EOS 550D
Lens: 18-55mm kit lens
Focal Length: 18mm
Focus: Manual
Aperture: f/22
ISO: 100
Picture Style: Neutral
Metering: Center weighted average
No of images: 5
Exposures: -2.-1,0,+1,+2 (3s for middle one)
ML Firmware: v2.3
Softwares: Luminance HDR (Fatal operator), GIMP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...