Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Height of exaggeration

Not sure If I overlooked this statement from long time (Tastier than home made curd) in Nandini curd packet or is it something newly added? I have seen advertisements proclaiming "Similar to home (Ghar ka khana)" or "Taste like mom made (Maa khi banai jaisi)". But this looked different and overconfident. Nandini marketing crew are confident that nobody prepares curd at home :-). Yes, in cities like Bangalore, people buy curd along with milk enabling manufacturers to swagger easily on the polythene. And wherever people prepare curd, they don't buy the packet version :-)


In reality, they don't taste better than home curd. There is possibility of match but definitely do not surpass in taste :-). I prepare curd myself and the packet curd taste nowhere near to the home made one. I buy Nandini curd only if necessary especially when my taste buds wish to relish the rice flakes dipped in curd along with pickle [just because I don't want to exhaust prepared curd early :-)]. Otherwise, there is no need to buy curd. This time when I bought, the curd was too much sour as to  mock statement on the cover :-(. I poured two tea spoons of salt to balance it out

Just a random scribble, nothing much serious. Needless to mention that the sour curd was the sole reason to debunk the ridiculous statement.

FYI, below is picture of home made curd. The feathers of cream is mouth watering which provides  unparalleled taste.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...