Monday, April 19, 2021

Bird Series - Common Moorhen

This bird generally forages at the entrance of Amruthahalli lake. At least I have spotted only at the entrance. May be its bit nervous to join other birds. The common moorhen has that red-yellow bill foraging on marsh land. The bird was seen restless when I photographed it. Looks like it turned nervous seeing me :-). Hence most of them turned non-sharp.  Over the water means, the food would aquatic vegetation or small aquatic creatures. Most of the time I have seen it hidden inside the dense vegetation with only its red portion exposed. One day, it came out open which helped to click few pictures. Here are those














 Check out my Bird Series blogs here : NKBirdSeries

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful photography of a lovely and colorful bird ~ XX

    Living moment by moment,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...