Friday, April 16, 2021

Cattle Egret in breeding plumage

During my regular walk along the Amruthahalli Lake due east near the Hanuman Temple, I noticed this egret type bird with patches of golden colour. My initial assumption was they were kind of special egret. The surf around the internet enlightened my knowledge about the bird. They are cattle egrets with breeding plumage. So the bird is all decked-up looking for partner or to impress the existing partner. Whatever may the reason, I have something to flaunt for a new post. :-). Hope you enjoy pictures!









Check out my Bird Series blogs here : NKBirdSeries

1 comment:

  1. ...I enjoy the cattle egret that I see in Maui. yours has yellow on its head that I hasn't seen.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...