Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Bird Series - Purple Sunbird

There are plenty of purple sunbirds at my native village. Either I had ignored them or my timing was not right. The sunbirds are pretty to capture with sunlight which accentuates their glossy plumage. They shine with sunlight and hence the name :-). The purple sunbird is quite difficult unless it is closer and not restless. Their fidgety behaviour and the dark plumage makes it difficult to capture the birds. These are the captures I took during my walks along Amruthahalli lake. They are not up to the professional quality but enough to demonstrate as purple sunbird. Hope to capture them close and crisp in coming days. I have seen them primarily feeding on nectar but to some extent have seen near spider webs too. Not sure what else they eat.







Check out my Bird Series blogs here : NKBirdSeries

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...