Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Bird Series - Pheasant Tailed Jacana

I had surprise spotting of this bird at Amruthahalli lake. While I was concluding my walk, a strange bird voice lured me to track the sound. The bird was calling from mid of lake. Somehow I captured rough image from 300mm lens which turned out be identifiable. The google search showed the name as "Pheasant Tailed Jacana". I initially thought that it got separated from group. This bird had long tail which means it was in breeding position as per internet information. Perhaps it was calling its partner. The bird feeds on insects on floating vegetation. The lake too had floating vegetation but not freshwater one. Here are pictures from morning captures. I am not sure if I could spot the bird at this lake again because the it flew away from lake. When the luck shines hopefully it would perch near by lake boundary :-) (too much greedy :-D)














Check out my Bird Series blogs here : NKBirdSeries

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...