Friday, March 5, 2021

Bird Series - Golden Fronted Leafbird

The February rains saw new influx of birds or unleashed the hidden birds. One more was this Golden Fronted Leafbird. Somehow, I am not able to capture them clearly in camera. Here is golden fronted leafbird eating berries at nearby canopy. This is first time I spotted leafbird in our village. The name is derived from the golden hair located above its face. I think name leafbird derived due to green plumage similar to leaves. Apart from that, I don't see a reason to name them that way. Here are unclear pictures for record.







Check out my Bird Series blogs here : NKBirdSeries 

2 comments:

  1. Well hidden!
    Greetings from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...this bird is well camouflaged. Enjoy a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...