Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Bird Series - Blue Faced Malkoha

This is my maiden spotting of the bird. After surprise rains, the usual canopy nearby house was occupied vivid array of birds. I saw leafbird, hawk cuckoo and this one. Probably they wanted some sun. I captured plenty of images since it was first time spotting. I love their blue patch around the eye which is quite striking! I have not seen them eating and consequently unsure of their eating habits. Wikipedia says that they generally forage in undergrowth. It rained on previous day which would have dampened these guys. The surprise February rains would have surprised these little creatures also! Looks like they are drying under the morning Sun. Here are pictures from the eventful day. There are plenty of them

























Check out my Bird Series blogs here : NKBirdSeries

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...