Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Bird Series - White Breasted Water Hen

As name suggest, these birds generally seen near water bodies. I have seen near streams and small ponds where they make sound with tail up & down on movement. They were also seen picking something from open fields and farm fields. But as soon as they spot humans, they escape to a hideout. Very rarely, I have seen them openly moving. Most of the times, they are either near water body or hiding near bushes (if they are on fields). It seems like they primarily prey on aquatic creatures. Their voice hears like house hen (not the morning call). I have been trying to picture them clearly but they run away inside bushes. On some occasions, I could shoot them clearly. Here are some

This was during morning hours when the water hen was standing at nearby pond after having bath. The humid weather needs early morning bath. When it was drying out under the Sun, I captured few shots before the hen escaped. The morning light helped me to shoot sharper images. Looks like this bird dwells here alone.






Some nearby monsoon stream from neighbouring village



Check out my Bird Series blogs here : NKBirdSeries

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...