Saturday, March 27, 2021

Portrait of Pond Heron and surprise purple heron

27 March 2021

Pond herons are plenty at Amruthahalli lake. When we approach the boundary of lake, these birds generally fly away to mid of lake. Today it was different story. I was curiously shooting the distant purple heron which I saw for first time in Bangalore. I thought purple herons prefer wooded regions & darker regions than urban areas. However, the current thought has changed. The purple heron was standing openly at mid of lake. It seems like every bird trying to adapt to urban lifestyle for survival but with social distancing :-). The web articles are yet to adapt their posts accordingly.

Digression apart, this pond heron seems to have got jealous of me fanatically snapping the purple heron. Not sure what happened, this guy flew close to the boundary where I was shooting from mid of lake to divert my attention. Its change of position seemed as if the bird was craving for publicity. For its satisfaction, I took single shot which after minor edits turned out brilliant :-). Jokes apart, here is portrait of heron while its neck down. Looks like it wanted to absorb additional sunlight since the cirrus clouds dimmed the morning Sun. The picture is well detailed obviously due to close perch :-)


Meanwhile, here are some shots of distantly staring purple heron





Check out my Bird Series blogs here : NKBirdSeries

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...