Friday, March 5, 2021

Bird Series - Plum Headed Parakeet

I have been watching plenty of parakeets from a month ago. But none of them perched nearby due to shyness. I thought that parakeets are habituated with humans. But it does not look like as per my observations. May be one who residing in jungle have a different behaviour. Fortunately, on few occasions, I saw them perched high which allowed to shoot decent images (not sharper ones). The perch was still high which needed 600mm lens. As of now, I am satisfied with pictures I captured. Lets hope for better images in future. About the food habits, I have seen them eating grains and fruits primarily. Apart from that not sure of other practices. Their calls are usually identifiable and easy to track. Ashy drongos also have similar voice like parakeets. The male has plum fruit coloured head and hence the name. The female has grey head.

Here are pictures of male and female having courtship over coconut tree. Looked like courtship feeding. The male was in impressing mood and hence did not notice me.

Hi  dear, accept my tasty treat and lets begin new partnership










Hope you are impressed :-)




What who is leaking our affair? What is that idiot doing? Will he reveal somewhere?



Ah that's stupid photographer dear. Don't worry. He will divulge our love story to world and make us superstars :-)





Lets push off dear before this photo moron eyes our pristine partnership





These are pictures caught when the plum headed was alone perched over bland tree. The bird was constantly watching my move and making sure that I was considerably far.




















Hey buddy don't expect me to come nearby. You expand your lens :-D



Check out my Bird Series blogs here : NKBirdSeries

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...