Thursday, March 25, 2021

Close-up of Green bee-eater

23 March 2021,

As I mentioned in previous posts, the city birds boldly face the human movements. This green bee eater today evening was no different either at Amruthahalli lake at Bangalore. The bee-eater was just few meters away from me perched over electric line. It was as usual busy hunting for evening snacks. I never thought it would be this much easy to shoot this little bird. The catchlight turned out to be excellent due to proximity as well evening sunlight. The plumage was exposed clean. What else you need other than this to have crisp looking image. Most importantly, bird stood at the same position even when I approached it. At our village, the behaviour was entirely different. They don't even allow the sound of human movements. A tiny sound over the field would escape them to distant horizon. I am glad to have these colourful bird in my frame clean. Here are the pictures! I like the catchlight especially how the red cover is noticeable!


















Check out my Bird Series blogs here : NKBirdSeries

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...