Monday, March 1, 2021

Bird Series - White Browed Wagtail

This bird is commonly found over fields. Since most of the fields in our village is abandoned, I need to cycle to neighbouring village to catch them. They have melodious call too!

I find it difficult to picture them due to black stripe around eye. Their eye looks like marble/crystal ball. The name is derived from the presence of white brow and due to nature of persistent tail wagging. At times, I used to be confused with oriental magpie robins. Now I can recognize the difference due to size and white brow of wagtail. Here are some pictures caught while they perched on electric line. 














Here are some pictures when bird was closer. Unfortunately, I was shooting against the sun and hence not good shot. It was unhappiest moment for me. I thought to move to the other side where it was possible to shoot with the Sun. But there was risk of bird flying away. Hopefully, I will have fortunate days as well!









Check out my Bird Series blogs here : NKBirdSeries

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...