Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Bird Series - Black crowned night heron

My first spotting was over the monsoon stream situated at neighbouring village. Similar to pond heron, these herons aim at their target while seated on the shallow water. It seems they nocturnal hunters and hence the name. I have seen them hunting during day but not at night. This is the only bird which I have seen hunting nearby pond with low light. May be this is the unique hunting capability of the bird.  I love their flashy orange eyes. The birds are easy to capture due to their size and contrasting colours. I am not able to identify their black crown though or not able to recognize. Here are pictures for you






Check out my Bird Series blogs here : NKBirdSeries

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...