Sunday, February 28, 2021

Bird Series - Ashy Drongo

This thin bird, found wherever I roam in my village. Capturing them has been tantalizing till date. Their dark plumage makes it difficult to shoot the catch light. The birds can be easily recognized with the baby voice. They are good in squabbling with other birds but they produce pitiable voice as if someone duped them :-). Sometimes I confuse their voice with other birds like parrots. Like racket tailed drongos, they also mimic calls of other birds and steal the food. I have never seen them feeding till date and hence unsure of their eating practices. Wikipedia says mostly insects. Here are some pictures caught when they perched steady with enough natural light on them











Check out my Bird Series blogs here : NKBirdSeries

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...