Saturday, February 13, 2021

Bird Series - Green Bee Eater

There are plenty of these tiny birds in our native village with beautiful mild voice. Unfortunately, they perch on open electric lines preying for insects or bees on air. These birds I have rarely seen perched on trees or fruit trees, may they are pure bee eaters. Its very rare to see them perch for longer time. As soon as the opportunity knocks, it swiftly flies from electric line to air to grab its prey. Moreover, their rapid head movement, up-down tail movement, makes it difficult to photograph below 1/500s. Their shy nature needs a lens greater than 300mm which I do not possess. Till date I don't have a decent picture of these tiny colourful creatures primarily due to their social distancing from humans. On few occasions, I tried to near them, which they identify pretty easily and fly away. At times, I have caught them sharp but catchlight was not noticeable. The black stripe around its eye needs good close up to get a decent shot. Overall, they are colourful, cute birds with lot of agility. Its delight to catch them on fly while preying open air if you have fast lens with higher focal length (say f/2.8 @600mm). This could provide 1/1000s shutter ideal to shoot them on the fly. For now, enjoy the pictures I captured during multiple photo hunts at my native village and Hosaadu village











Check out my Bird Series blogs here : NKBirdSeries

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...