Thursday, February 4, 2021

Bird Series - The Indian Paradise Flycatcher

 It was couple of months ago, when I first spotted this bird near a densely canopied trees. I searched the image and got to its name. I adore its gleaming eyes . Most often I have seen them hunting for insects beneath the canopy meant for serpent god but never been able to grab a decent shot.


I have not seen male flycatcher at my native village till date. These pictures are from Hosaadu village where it arrives daily. Due to their shy nature, I have never been able to snap them clearly with 300mm. Probably we need 500mm+ focal length to clearly frame them in DSLR. Even with slight movement, they swiftly fly away and perch under the dark canopy. Hope to capture the flycatchers clearly someday.







Check out my Bird Series blogs here : NKBirdSeries

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...