Thursday, February 11, 2021

Bird Series - Red Wattled Lapwing

It seems they cant perch on trees as per Wikipedia. May be true since I see them on harvested fields or abandoned fields or open grounds many times. They speak loud when humans approach them. These are also shy birds which fly away as soon as they spot humans from distance. Most of the times, you see them feeding on insects over the fields. I don't have decent pictures of them due to their escaping nature. I have also seen them near seasonal swamps during monsoon season. The low light though did not allow me to capture decent picture.

Here are some from Hosaadu village moving freely over harvested paddy fields. The bright evening Sun allowed me to shoot at higher shutter speed.











Check out my Bird Series blogs here : NKBirdSeries

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...