Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Bird Series - Grey Heron

Why this one before Indian pond heron? This bird was majestically perched on a twig at Hosaadu backwaters which motivated me to post this bird post prior to pond heron. The bird stood motionless with just face movements occasionally. I thought it was aiming its prey, but its eye was towards open region. Probably, the direction of face changed due to my arrival to find an escape route :-). The evening sunlight provided perfect light to capture this mighty bird. They stay near to waterbody which means they feed on fishes and other connected preys. Their long bill and feet somewhat looks scary to me. I fear sometimes they would strike even humans :-D. But in my experience here at my village, I can say that these are quite shy. Due to their larger body structure, the pictures come out in detail even with 300mm focal length. The catch light too is easy to shoot due to the contrast between body and eye colours. Here are pictures without delay. Plenty of them from same perch position.














Looks like that moron can' t walk near to me. Let me resume my hunting.





Check out my Bird Series blogs here : NKBirdSeries

2 comments:

  1. ...herons are a group of birds that have found a home around the world. This one is beautiful, thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...