Friday, February 12, 2021

Bird Series - Common iora

I don't have much details on these birds. I love their textures and face look :-). These birds are cute with colourful plumage. I have seen them feeding on grasshopper and other time picking things from cashew tree. Not sure if it was flowers of cashew tree or insects on them. Despite being tiny, they can be captured from proximity with good details. I have seen them being less shy and patient on the branches. Unlike the tailorbirds or sunbirds, the iora won't show its agile nature while on the tree canopy. It happily perches on the branches enough to have a decent shoot.

First time I saw them, the bird was perched munching grasshopper, its breakfast. It was busy enjoying the prey so that other birds don't steal its breakfast. Immersed in relishing breakfast, the bird did not notice me for a while which allowed me to shoot some decent shots. Since the Sun was not out, the sharpness is missing. Still, good for records

Ah got it! What a meal today. Quite big for my tummy

Let me finish as soon as possible. There are many birds around, not sure who will eye my catch. 


Almost done! You can capture but don't leak my meal to anyone


Ah yes, it's done! what a breakfast. Now nobody can steal it


Second time over cashew tree.



Third time near berry tree






Check out my Bird Series blogs here : NKBirdSeries

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous macro shot of the beautiful and colorful bird ~

    Moment by moment,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...